Saturday, July 9, 2011

Free time

After our trip to Mike and Dorothy's house a few weeks ago, I really started considering letting them keep the boys for a few days.  The boys did so well with them, and they are getting to be much easier to deal with...more like 4 kids, not a set of triplets who need everything at the exact same time.  And man, I could use some time by myself in my house!

So I got them all set, and all 4 of them took off after breakfast on Tuesday.  Ahh, silence!  Nate and I were able to get the house clean (walls washed, closets organized, carpets steam cleaned, etc, etc).  They kept them until Thursday at naptime, so we had 48 hours of quiet.  It was unbelievable.  And wonderful.  We ate lunch out, and cereal for dinner.  We slept til 9, then ate at 130 for lunch and 8 for dinner.  It was fabulous to be on our own timeline.

And I didn't really even miss them, except at bedtime...I really like to have all my kids under my roof for the night, and I love tucking them in.  But it was soooo worth it.  And Mike and Dorothy were exhausted, but more than willing to keep them again!

The best thing was that Mike took Z fishing for the first time.  He got a few fish, one big enough to take home and eat. 




1 comment:

  1. You guys have been busy! And how fun you got 48 hours of a quiet house...it's a gift, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete