Monday, July 18, 2011

Florida

So here (finally) I begin several posts about our trip to Florida.

We went down with Dad and Dena, Emily, Jenny, Greg, and Anna.  The real reason we went down was to visit my grandparents (Dad's parents), but the beach and Florida in general was a nice byproduct!  It was nice to have so many extra hands to help with the boys.  And of course their company...we had a great time vacationing with family, and are excited to do it again!  :)

Nate, Z and I went down 3 years ago, so Z was the same age the boys are now, and have not been able to get back since (sidenote:  I found out I was pregnant with the boys a few days after we got home from that trip!).

We got 2 condos side by side at Maderia Vista Condominiums, and our family got one, while everyone else shared the other.  We commented that it almost wasn't fair...that their side was the calm, serene side...5 adults and 1 child, and we're stuck with 2 adults and 4 kids ;)  It was really nice to have our own place though, so our kids could sort of run amuk.

We really didn't spend much time in the condo itself...why would we when the beach was out the window and the pool out the front door?  We pretty much ate, slept, and watched a few movies inside. 

The boys slept so well, except for one mishap with a peapod.  Somehow one got a small hole, which got ripped into a line.  N found it at naptime (while Nate was napping and I was on the beach with Z) and must have crawled out the hole and managed to get L out of his bed too.  When I came back C was wailing because he had not been broken out and L and N were bouncing on a bed playing with the blinds.  Oops. That afternoon was ugly...I am guessing they didn't nap at all (not positive though), but wow, they were a mess! 

Here are some of the more random pictures of us just hanging out in the condo...



Watching a movie :)

Isn't Anna so pretty?!




 The boys are holding up some gummy sharks we got them. YUM.


As far as food went for the week, we only ate out one evening.  Jenny and I planned our meals for the week and made a huge shopping list, then Saturday Jenny, Emily and I went grocery shopping.  It took about 2 hours.
Breakfasts (like the first pic) we ate in our condos.  We packed lunches a few days, and were in the condo a few days.  For dinner we grilled down on the deck, on the beach, most evenings.  It was so nice and breezy, and the kids could stay in their swim stuff and run around. 


This is how the kids sometimes "played" while we grilled dinner...



No comments:

Post a Comment