I had grand plans this year for the fourth of July festivities. The boys are finally old enough to do stuff with, so I was going to make this year good!
On the third we had plans to go to our friends house, where they were going set up the huge bounce water slide, we were going to grill, walk to DQ, then keep walking to fireworks. It was all totally rained out. Z and I went over for a bit to just hang out.
For the fourth, we planned to go to the St. Charles parade with Andy, Emily, Mike and Dorothy, so headed over there early. But it rained. Actually, it didn't, it was just kind of iffy. There was rain, mist, sprinkles. So we decided not to go. I really really wanted to, but I was not up for 4 wet boys, especially since I wasn't sure how the littles would do in the rain. Probably was the right choice, but I was still bummed.
We made up for it by playing the Wii at Andy and Emily's. Z chose a Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game (ok, they must make everything!), followed by bowling and the homerun derby. Everyone was just kind of chilling out and happy to watch, so that was good. Andy and Emily just got a puppy, too. Z was ok with her after a bit, but the little boys weren't quite enamored with her.
After the parade time was over, it looked ok out to go to the carnival...but then it didn't...so we decided to skip even the carnival. So bummed. So we went to Incredible Pizza instead. Totally random, but the kids had so much fun! It was awesome to have so many extra hands to help as well. Andy is an awesome uncle...he is so good with the boys and plays with them and jokes around...he is basically a big kid and they love it.
It looked nice for fireworks that night, so I planned on taking all the boys. We decided against it, though, since early the next morning the boys were going straight to Mike and Dorothy's for a few days, followed immediately by our Florida vacation. Nate talked sense into me, and reminded me that we have many more years with the boys, and that there was no point in us tiring them out at the beginning of a very busy 2 weeks.
But Z, Dorothy and I went, and we ended up meeting Dad, Dena, and Emily. Z and I each got a huge ice cream cone while we waited, and he was thrilled with the small fireworks set off by neighbors before the real show started! When the real show got going, he loved that too. He liked the "colorful ones". That sure narrowed it down ;) It is always nice to have some individual time with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment