Tuesday July 1: We went on a scavenger hunt through Forest Park to look for cakes. It was pretty fun! We hit 6 cakes (and saw a 7th on the way out but didn't bother) and ended at the Art Museum. I was a bit worried about the boys in the Art Museum and touching stuff...we had never been before. But they did pretty good, actually. We set a few alarms off by waving hands over barricades on accident, but no guards kicked us out. We enjoyed the weapons section and the mummies section. We didn't go much farther...why ruin it?
Wednesday July 2: We renewed our Magic House membership and took one of Z's friends with us. We hadn't been since February so they all really enjoyed all of it. I let the big boys head off on their own for a bit while I stayed with the littles, which made them all happy too :)
I forgot my camera and took a cake pic on my phone. I need to transfer it here!
Thursday July 3: The boys and I went to both Purina Farms and Shaw Nature Reserve today. Purina was a quick trip, but the boys still like to watch the jumping dogs out there. Bummed that the cake had moved for the fourth of July so we didn't get a picture of it there.
Shaw was great too. We ate a quick picnic lunch, then went to the outdoor play area. The boys built a huge "mansion" out of the wooden blocks...and they still talk about it. Then we went on a 2 mile hike down to the river. The boys loved searching for and catching toads and frogs, throwing rocks into the river, and just walking through the woods.
No comments:
Post a Comment