Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week 11

Monday, August 4:  Mike and Dorothy came to celebrate Nate's birthday.  We went out to McAlisters.  YUM. 

Tuesday, August 5:  Today was not only Nate's birthday, but his first day back to school. :( We got to celebrate by going to the zoo with Mike and Dorothy while he went to work.  He did get to go to a Cards game with Mike and L and N.  (And let's just say that L and N were a bit squirrelly...they made enjoying the game a bit difficult!)





Wednedsay, August 6:  We played at home.  And we needed it. 

Thursday, August 7:  We had extra boys today...we split up a teacher's kids and I ended up with 7 boys.  We went to a free movie first, then came home to play.  Typically all the boys have fun, but it was a rainy, nasty day at the end of summer and let's just say it was an ugly day.  I had to pull some "mom" on all the kids, and I don't love that.  Oh well.  Then we had to get to 3 open houses in an hour and a half.  It was raining and Nate was at his own open house and I was cranky from the day...but we got through it.  All the stuff got dropped off, teachers met, classrooms found.  It's kind of hard to believe my babies are going to kindergarten!

Friday, August 8:  We went bowling with some friends.  We hadn't been for "free" all summer, but we made it on the last day of summer.  And holy smokes, it took for.ev.er.  (I had to go up to the desk at least 3x to ask for help with a ball, a button my boys had pushed, a gutter issue...once I swear the ball was going to STOP after taking 5 minutes to get down the lane...).  I had 5 boys on my lane and dear mercy...we made it thru a game and a half and I was fried.  But we can check that one off the bucket list.  ;)



It was a fabulous summer.  We had such a fun time and got to go so many places and do such fun stuff and just hang out together and play and read and ride bikes and play legos.  I LOVE having all the boys home in the summer time, and it wasn't until about halfway through this week that I thought it wast time for them to go back to school ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment