Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The plague

It was a pretty nasty week leading up to Christmas.
The short version:
I gave myself "food poisoning" on Monday night.  It was awful and I felt terrible for about 24 hours.
C had some nasty poop and a fever Wednesday.
N projectile vomited in my van on Thursday.
All different, not related, right? It's safe to go to Kirksville Friday, right?
Within hours of getting to KV, Z, L, and Nate all got sick.  Sick, sick on Friday night...multiple loads of laundry.  At someone else's house.
Throughout the weekend and following Monday, we also had 2 explosive bedtime poops, a puke on the side of the highway, and a lot of not eating.
We infected at least 2 other adults on Nate's side, and I think we even managed to get Jenny sick a week and a half after I first got sick, and gave A a kid friendly version as well.
Thankfully it was a 12 hour bug, and harder on grown ups than kids, but it was still pretty awful.  And yay, I didn't actually give myself food poisoning?  
And then, post Christmas, we have been dealing with some nasty (even by my standards) colds.  
Oh winter, how fun you are....

No comments:

Post a Comment