I knew that it would take some time to re acclimate to being home after being on vacation. It always did, and this year didn't fail!
Sunday was pretty much a bust. The kids were tired and overstimulated from the stuff at our house. We ran over to Dad's to see his new place but literally stayed for less than half an hour because they were complete train wrecks, all of them. After we made it through Sunday, it got better though.
Legos ALL MORNING LONG. It was fabulous for all involved. They have started this new thing where they like to see if they can make their boats float. Sometimes I let them fill the tub, sometimes I don't. Today, yes, please! They spent so much time working. I also gave them some glow sticks so they turned off the lights in the bathroom and floated legos to the light of the glow sticks :)
Pool and DIVING BOARD!!! All three littles jumped off the diving board! C and N did great, L had a harder time. He did it a few times but kept trying to jump back towards me instead of straight out, so I had to have him stop (didn't want him to come flying into the edge of the pool). Still, so proud of them!
Workbooks. Dorothy gave the boys some old workbooks she had and Z sat down with the boys one day to start working on them. I literally heard from his mouth: "mom, I'll help the boys so you can have a break and relax" and "ok, great job! turn to the next page when you're done please."
Water Day
Free movie (Ice Age) with one of Z's buddies from school.
Family bike ride. C and N do great...L...well, he is just our poky puppy. He gets upset and sad when everyone is ahead of him, but doesn't seem to get that THEY aren't going to slow down for him, but that HE needs to speed up to catch them. Sigh. He might be our limiting factor on many physical things.
Playtime at friends house.
Z got to go swim at a friends house.
We made a bike rack to store all of our bikes. I didn't actually take a picture. Between me, Nate, and Z, the work was split 40, 40, 20. Not too bad. Z is decent with a drill and hammer, and he helped me measure.
"Building". Let me tell you how much I love this activity. 4 (plus S, often) kids with boards, nails, and hammers. Disaster waiting to happen. They just smack some boards together and nail, nail, nail. Eek.
No comments:
Post a Comment