We had a nice hot day this week (which have actually been in short supply this summer...no complaints here though!). I decided that we would have a water day.
We started at City Gardens. It was the first time we had made it this summer, and sadly the big pool part was closed for cleaning. The big kids were bummed about that (we had S with us). They still all had a fun time running and playing in the pop fountains though.
After we ran home for a quick lunch we headed out again. I had to drop off some paperwork out in Chesterfield, so we went to a park that Z had never been to before, Vlasis Park. I took the littles earlier this summer. It had pop fountains too, but Z was not as interested in them. Not sure why...couldn't tell if he was too cool for them or what.
Then we had a lemonade stand. Thankfully, Z had started talking about this yesterday, so I was fully on board for it today. We went out in the morning and got some posterboard and lemonade, and I was even willing to make some cookies for them to sell. They also decided that they would make and sell bracelets made out of pipecleaners and beads (high demand for those!).
They worked hard to make a few bracelets each (and I think 1 or 2 sold!)...
and set up shop. We sold mostly to our neighbors, and held up for about an hour and half...pretty impressive, I think. Z had big plans...if we made enough money for them each to get a Lego Hero Factory guy, then they would donate the rest to a hospital. They made enough for 1 Lego Hero Factory guy and we called it a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment