Friday, November 23, 2012

Zoo

 
I don't think too much about the fact that I have 4 kids, because many of my close friends have 4 kids also.  Every once in awhile I do get the idea that it is kind of nuts and that 4 kids constitute a "large" family, but it just doesn't strike me that often.  I went to a park with a few old high school friends, each with 2 kids, and they were blown away by the fact that there were EIGHT kids, and how on earth did I manage 4 kids, etc, etc.  This is not an uncommon response I get to having 4 kids either.  I don't really think I am any sort of supermom, mainly because I see most of my friends juggling 4 kids as well, so it is kind of the norm for me.  Having 4, 8, 12 kids popping in and out is a bit nuts, yes, but it is also kind of standard for me in my world. 
 
At any rate, we went to the zoo with our dear friends last week before it got cold.  Erin just had her 5th child, so she and I traipsed our 9 children around the zoo (the big kids didn't have school that day).  They did great, all of them, and we had a wonderful time.  We rode the carousel and the train, made it through the reptile house (my boys!) and the big cats and red rocks.  We ate lunch and made it back to the vans before anyone fell apart, 3 1/2 hours later.  Pretty impressive trip. 
 
But this picture is kind of what sent me over...when I see our brood of children...it really does LOOK like a lot!   
 

 
Here mine are examining the King Cobra ;) 

I love that all of mine still want to get in the same seat.  This might have been the last time that they will all still fit...I held onto N's shirt/arm/back while the train moved...didn't want that kid falling off the train! 

1 comment: