Friday, October 12, 2012

Stuckmeyer pumpkin patch

So I love a good pumpkin patch, ok?  Every year we typically frequent three or more pumpkin patches.  I love it.  They have all sorts of fun things involving hay and the kids are outside and playing and looking at fun stuff and it's different...I just like it :) 
 
We have been going to this pumpkin patch for years.  It is geared more towards younger kids, but that is what I've had!  This year Z didn't get to go to this one since he was in school (we promised him a different one later).  He didn't really mind since it really is better for the littles.  But I do miss having him with me, just in general, to do stuff with us during the day.   
 
But they liked it!  They got a bit intimidated when the school groups started arriving and more kids kind of took over, but with some prodding they were fine.  (Side note:  that is one o the BEST things about having multiples...siblings in general, I guess, but specifically multiples.  They have each other to step out with...they have their buddies with them and have more courage to do things since they're not alone.)
 










 I love N's "scared" look in this picture ;)
 And because I can, we turned it into a little science lesson as we strolled through the patch.  We looked for the flowers and the seeds and the green pumpkins and the green pumpkins just turning orange...we looked for smooth and bumpy ones, big and small ones...the science teacher in me pops out every once in awhile! 


 This is L's "mad" face.  I love it when he gives us this look and when I can catch it on a camera.  He has the best facial expressions of all my kiddos. 






 


 

1 comment:

  1. Those are some handsome boys! :) And that is so fabulous that they are such great friends...I bet in a few years they all start talking about having a "compound" after they each marry and have their own families. ;)

    ReplyDelete