After the fireworks went so well, I decided to push my luck and try the WG parade. The boys (even Z) had never been to one, so I figured why not, right?
We got there plenty early and found a good spot. Well, I thought it was good. About 15 minutes into it though, Nate pointed out we were on the wrong side of the street. The west side. So as the sun rose (remember, triple digits) we lost all our shade, and the east side kept all the shade from their trees.
It turned out fine. We did bail before it was over because we had a boatload of candy, we were all drenched in sweat, and I agreed that they had gotten the gist of the parade.
It was fun for me to go back to that parade...I ran into several old WG friends, and was reminded of so many happy memories of growing up!
We'll see if we do this one again. As Nate said, at least we know what to do differently next time :)
This was before the parade. Z brought some boos to look at. (Have I mentioned how into Baby Blues he is?! Will have to remember to write about that later.)
Pretty sure most of those tootsie rolls were totally melted in the hot sun.
Side note: I made that blanket for Nate in 1998 for a Christmas present. I made it once I was sure I would marry him, because I knew if I was going to put time and effort into it that I wanted to use it too ;) We got engaged 10 months later. And now, look how that blanket is put to use! Love it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment