It's been an incredibly busy few weeks over here. 2 weeks ago I flew out at the drop of a hat to be with Jenny for 3 days. I was home for a day and found out my sweet Grandma had passed away. Dorothy happened to be in town, so she watched my kids on Wednesday and Thursday while I went to Z's ecology festival and helped in his class the next day. Mike came up to get some furniture on Friday, so they hung out with us for the weekend and Mother's Day. Sunday afternoon they took the littles home with them and I flew out to Florida for Grandma's funeral. I got home Tuesday then drove down to get the littles. Then I took a couple days to recoup. Crazy, busy, nutty. I never fly, then twice in a week. Thankfully we have family and friends who can cover for us by taking the littles and keeping Z in the mornings while Nate went to school.
The littles were loaded down with their pillows, sleeping bags, and backpacks full of clothes.
We will miss Grandma though. She loved the Lord, so at least we know that she is in Heaven celebrating...makes it easy for us to celebrate her life too. She also loved her friends and family. She was kind and encouraging. She and Grandpa made cards together and we received one every Friday for years. A sweet poem or scripture along with a sentence or two of encouragment or simply kind, loving words. I think they sent over 20 a week (or some huge number) to people all over the country...in their church, old friends, family, to people in prison, to sick people, to people they had never met or met once. What a ministry! And she and Grandpa were married for over 65 years. They were an amazing example to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment