Thursday, April 26, 2012

Updates

Yes, I have slacked.  I get it and am sad.  All is ok on my end, nothing major going on here to keep me from blogging...just everyday life.  BUT in better news, I am about 90% done with my blog book from last year.  That is huge!  I take everything from this blog and it gets dumped into a big book, and I just have to format it to how I want it to look.  Yes, I should keep up with it, but I had done through July, and it crashed (save, save, save!) so I lost it all and hadn't mustered up the motivation to start over.  But I finally did, and now I'm almost done, but that is why I haven't blogged as much.  Excuses, excuses. 
So, some updates. 

C is in speech once a week.  He loves his "school" and we just go play in the lending library for half an hour.  The other boys didn't qualify.  They were within the norm, on the lower side of norm, but within the norm, so nothing for them. 

The boys are really and truly done with naps.  C hasn't napped in forever.  N might nap about once a week or 10 days?  L maybe every 4 days to a week.  Even when someone does nap, it is a catnap, since I only let them have rest time for an hour.

I am getting used to having only 60 minutes.  It took some time, but it's ok now.  They are getting better about playing on their own, so I can get some stuff done in the daytime.  It also is nice to have some afternoon time as well.  One day after Bible study we ate a picnic lunch, then went to the Magic House and didn't get home until 215 or so.  They still had an hour quiet time, but it is nice to not be tied to a certain time.  Or I have run errands after their quiet time and before Z gets home.  I knew there would be some good parts, it just took awhile for them to sink it.

Bedtime is going pretty well too.  Most nights the boys go to sleep fine.  Occasionally they like to party back there.  That is most often on days when L has napped...he can be awfully silly when he's not tired and he likes to stir up the other boys.  They sleep through anything once they're asleep, so that is nice in the morning.  This morning the boys woke up at 730 (late), but N slept til almost 8, even though we were in the room getting dressed and talking.    

The boys are totally into Ninjago right now (if you don't have little boys, you'll have no clue what I'm talking about).  It really is pretty funny, as they have all adopted who they are (Z is the white ninja, C is the black one, L the red one, N the blue one).  They love to practice their ninja moves (again, hysterical) all over the house. They also are working on a "show" to show off their moves.  It involves (but is not limited to) jumping off a wooden block while kicking.  I love how Z is teaching the boys (ok, first do this...now this!).  Awesome. 

How have we spent this month?  Same old, same old. 

We have still been visiting all of our favorite places (mobot, the zoo, parks, magic house, etc), and it has been getting easier and easier.  I even sold my choo choo wagon!  We went to the zoo the other day and they did great!  We also visited the museum of transportation...and it rained on us.  I have yet to make it there on a perfect day...we have been in the hot, the cold, the rain... oh well. 

Z went to a birthday party at BounceU one afternoon and I had to take the boys with me to drop him off.  Apparently several kids didn't end up showing up, so she invited the littles to stay, and they LOVED it!  They had a great time bouncing around like crazies.  We were all so glad to get to stay and play. 

I also had a girls weekend in the midst of this month with all my old college roommates.  We get together every year.  It has morphed over the years from wedding showers to baby showers to child filled crazy weekends (when one or more of us were still nursing and we all brought our kids) to now adult only shopping, eating, sleeping, pedicuring weekends.  It was fabulous!  I am so thankful to have a group of friends who I can see only once a year and often only talk to a few times a year...but we have a great time when we get together.  I am also so thankful that Nate happily keeps the kids for the weekend and does great with them.  What a fabulous husband of mine :) 

Ok, stopping for now, just to get this out there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment