Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fun with cousin P

After Dorothy came to help me with sick boys, Marbree and cousin P came to visit. They had been planning to come for awhile, and we were on the tail end of sickness, so they came down to hang out for a bit.

P is smack in the middle (age-wise) of Z and the little boys. Of course, he adores Z, and Z loves having someone older than the little boys to play with (um, boss around). They all had fun together, but by the end of the 4 days Z and P were kind of done with each other :)

We did get a chance to go out to the zoo one day before the rain and cold set in, which was wonderful. Another day we went to the mall so Marbree could return some stuff and we could just get OUT of the house! The boys played outside a few times, with coats on, and we got one nice day to play in the front yard. Z loved having someone to play hot wheels with, and P loved our geotrax.  And of course, we watched a bit of TV :)






They were mad here because I had the TV on, then turned it off and told them to look at Aunt Marbree for a picture.  Z got it, and P did (sort of) but the little boys were pointing at the TV that I had dared turn off :) 

At the zoo I took a few opportunities to let the boys walk. I took my Choo Choo wagon, but parked it and let them walk through the insect house and then through the River's Edge. The River's Edge is actually quite a trek, and they did pretty well until the end, when L just wanted to be carried. They kept up and listened fairly well, and didn't stray too much, so I was proud of them. I will still take the wagon, but I know that they can do segments without it. And Z really is getting to the point that he can help me to wrangle them if I need him to.  What a good boy.  We let the boys go on the carosaul, and they did so much better than last time. It helped that I could stand between 2 boys, and Marbree between P and another, and Z could ride behind us. Everyone had fun :)





1 comment:

  1. I love the couch picture.
    I remember thinking "that snake doesn't stand a chance!" when I took the picture at the zoo (although I am sure it would be different if it was a *live* cobra).
    Thanks for always posting stuff. At least the part of P's childhood spent at your house gets documented. :)
    And thanks for always opening your home to us!

    ReplyDelete