I have been having the itch recently to get rid of baby stuff, but I have been overwhelmed by it all. Dad called a few weeks ago to offer to take stuff out to Jenny when he went out to visit, and a friend of mine is pregnant and needed a lot of my stuff, so I figured now was the time to just get rid of it all. Kind of surprised that I felt that way, instead of sad, but man, I just wanted stuff out of my basement. And since I was doing work for Jenny already, I might as well do it all at once.
So I started posting stuff on Craigs List. I have gotten rid of an umbrella stroller, my single and double strollers, my jog stroller, 2 pack n plays, toddler swings, a carseat, plus various other big ticket toys. It has been nice to pocket some of the money (to pay for more toys, swim lessons, and tball), and nice to see my basement get cleaned out. Now the clothes, those are another story...but I am happy to pass them on to anyone who needs them, since it will save me from having to just donate them or decide to garage sale them.
The thing that was the hardest on me was my triple jogger. We used it ALL the time for over a year. I sold it to another girl I know who has 10 week old triplet boys, so I feel good about that. But as I drove off (I drove it up to her), I just started bawling. It's hard to say goodbye to my sweet babies...fun to say hello to little boys, but I do miss those babies.
Onward, onward, to big boys.
Nate and I have been discussing recently our thoughts on the fact that we have three 2 year olds. We came to the consensus that the first 2 years were exhausting physically (sleep-or lack thereof!-carrying them, fighting them, wrestling them, etc), but the next 2 years will exhaust us mentally and emotionally (tantrums, timeouts, hitting, disobeying, and training them). I think the next 2 will be harder. Maybe not. Different, for sure.
But then we have days like today....the little boys played for 45 minutes on their own this morning, with no intervening from me. They pushed trucks around and talked and giggled, and didn't fight. I worked on the computer and drank coffee. And then after dinner, Z cleared the table, and I had left the gate open, and they all went back downstairs to play. Happily. Not fighting. And I cleaned up dinner in peace. It was almost like it wasn't my house! So it could be good....but I still miss my babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment