Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting it...

(So I actually started this 2 weeks ago, and they continue to get better...)
Over the past week, I feel like the boys have just fallen into an AWESOME groove.  They happily wander around the house, pushing trucks for long periods of time.  I am able to get stuff done.  I cleaned the house today while they were awake.  Who thought that could ever happen? 
I can take the gate off of the top of the stairs and at the bottom of the stairs, so they can have free roam of the house (the gates easily go back on again, so I can rope them when I need to).  They love having the freedom, and I am happy to give it to them.  I do have a few rules, though...I like them to keep toys in the place they belong.  Like the Fisher Price little people stay downstairs, and the Weebles stay upstairs.  I just like to know where stuff is.  A bit over the top, maybe, but it helps, believe me. 
They fight, of course, but I feel like it is getting better.  Actually, they typically are fine, but then one or more of them get into a funk and it is all over.  But if they are in good moods, then they literally will play for an hour without me HAVING to run interference.  Z can also help out a bit with them, and it is hilarious to listen to him disciplining them.  Sometimes I let it go, other times I have to remind him that I am, in fact, the boss, not him! 
I was able to lock them out in the back yard the other day...I just don't like them opening and shutting the door over and over, and they push each other over with it, so I lock it.  Is that bad?  Anyway, they went outside with trucks and rocks and swings and happily played while I made a leisurely lunch for them, without whining, fighting, clinging kids under my feet.  
It's good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment