Jenny told me in September that she had signed up to run a 10K with Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I had joked that I would love to come out and run with her. We let it sit for a bit, then remembered that we had one account still open with mom's money. We used that money for random things we did together or gifts "from mom" or spent it on eating out on her birthday or the anniversary of her death. There was just about $500 left in the account...enough for a plane ticket out to DC and a good meal for all of us while I was there. So I signed up!
So many awesome things about it...
Jenny and I raised over $1600 between us for LLS, as well, through the race. We only had to get $1000 total so we were thrilled to raise more, and we were so honored to have friends and family support us, and mom, through their donations.
And I got to go run a race with Jenny. Her first! She did awesome (probably would have gone faster without me!). And we got to just hang out and talk in person...doesn't happen enough since we live so far apart. .
And I got to go out and hang with Jenny's family and her girls without my family and kids to take my attention away from them. It was so fun to play with the girls and really see them (without having to worry about my own kids). And it was so fun to see Jenny be a mom (and know that none of it was currently my problem!).
And my kids had a great weekend with Nate doing all their boy stuff (read: eating pizza and playing video games...and more, I'm sure. But they love when I'm gone!)
It was such a great weekend :) Love Jenny, Greg, and their girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment