Monday, October 6, 2014

Fright Fest

While we were apple picking some friends called us to go to Six Flags one last time.  It was Fright Fest and the kids had sort of been wanting to go....sort of.  They (I) weren't really sure what Fright Fest entailed.  But we figured it would be more fun with friends.  As most of life is :)

We got there and noticed first off the fountains were filled with "blood" and skeletons. 
The moms and I took off with the littles (while one of the dads took off with the bigs on the roller coasters).  I sat out while they rode the ferris wheel and saw a whole slew of scary people walk by.  They had fabulous costumes and makeup.  I was so glad the littles didn't see them because I knew they would have freaked. 

Thee littles did find the coffins, though.  Cracked us up in here!

They also happily watched a girl try to win a game while we waited on the bigs to get off a roller coaster. 
But the big stuff I don't have pictures of.  Most of the stuff wasn't too scary...but the "scare zones" didn't open until 630.  Unfortunately, we had no clue what a scare zone was, and then happened to wander thru one with the littles on accident.  The bigs were on a roller coaster so we were walking to meet them on the other side, and wandered through the zombie zone.  One lurched up to one of the moms, and her daughter lost it.  Screaming, crying.  We hauled our tails through as fast as we could, me trying to shove all 3 of my littles heads into my belly so that they couldn't see, trying to dodge the scary zombies.  (Come ON, leave the moms with screaming kids alone!!!)  We made it through and none of mine were crying, but one of the girls was...and the longer she did, the more C freaked.  All of a sudden he is wailing too.  Wailing, freaking out.  By this point it's 730 and we know we have to get out.  The bigs got off (and thankfully Z didn't get to freaked out, amazingly, even though he went through the zombie zone as well).  We got out as fast as we could!
The other best part was when one of the bigs jumped and yelled at N to scare him (after the littles had fallen apart).  N jumped, no joke, 3 feet laterally he was so scared.  Thankfully he had a good attitude about it and one of the other moms (his mom) and I were hysterical because it was so funny (and he wasn't freaking).  She could hardly discipline her son because we were cracking up! 

C did have trouble sleeping that night, but only that night (whew).  At least for next year we know what to avoid.  Although I'm not sure we'll ever get C there again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment