Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow!

We have had 2 rounds of light snow so far this year.  The first actually ended up being a snow day (which was kind of a waste, but whatever).  That day was coooooold, but the boys were all so excited about the fact that it was a snow day and that they could play in the snow.  They managed to get themselves dressed mostly on their own, and for the first year they played outside without me and for more than 10 minutes!  This is probably also because we finally got them sleds.  Sidenote:  the red sled below was broken this day, the day after I bought it.  Like split right through the middle.  See what I mean about boys breaking everything?!  Anyway, they had so much fun playing outside, and I loved loved loved not having to be out in the cold and wind with them...and just enjoy them and the hot chocolate and fire when they came in :)

  






It snowed the next week too, and it was a much heavier, better packing snow (always fun for snowball fights with Daddy, because Mama won't do that!).  And it was much warmer so I was willing to be outside in it.  The boys had just as much fun a week later...although minus one sled. 







No comments:

Post a Comment