Monday, December 23, 2013

Random December Fun

We got 2 new puzzles, a 200 and 300 piece one.  They are big but are great for the boys to do (with help sorting colors).


The boys have gotten into board games and it is so fun!  We love to play Candyland the real way now, and got Uno for Christmas.  We play Zingo and Guess Who and Chutes and Ladders.  We also have learned to play card games like Go Fish, Old Maid, War, and Slapjack.  It has been pretty fun.  :)


There is still no substitute for the Kindle, though!  The boys all can play Angry Birds (one of many versions) and several other games we have on there, but Z is all into Minecraft. 
We went one morning to a building thing at Home Depot with Z's Boy Scouts.  I was amazed at how much each boy was able to do on his own!  I guess all that time practicing with real hammers and nails at home has paid off.  Still, I remember when we would take Z when he was younger and have to watch the littles like hawks to make sure they were safe...now here they are doing it on their own!

Reading has been a big thing here.  The littles are really starting to pick up on it.  They can read/know most 2 letter words and are getting good at sounding out 3+ letter words.  We practice spelling often, and the boys are loving practicing reading with me or Nate.  In fact, it is one of our quiet time rotations now; each boy gets 10 minutes on the kindle, 10 on the computer, and 10 practicing reading with me.
These are C and N's renditions of Christmas, L didn't want to play.  Go figure. 





Z is still loving the piano.  He officially will practice every day without complaint, but also will go in and just sit down for 10 minutes 3-4 times a day and just play.  I think he really has enjoyed Christmas carols because they are familiar to him.
 

Our neighbor dressed up as Santa one night and came down.  Our kids liked it but since we don't really "do" Santa they weren't over the top.  But they still liked it.  :)

And of course we still spent time outside.  I force them out as much as I can, especially if it is remotely nice outside.  I just loved this one of them all sitting there chatting with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment