Decided one morning to take the littles to Shaw Nature Reserve. They love to go and play there and we had a fun time hanging out for a bit.
I then told them that we were going on a short hike (1 mile), and there was weeping and gnashing of teeth, like I'm horrible. So, we went anyway ;) They had a fine time and loved checking out the different colored flowers and different trees and collecting sticks and all sorts of other stuff. Unfortunately, we had a bit of a snafu when we got to the end of the 1 mile loop trail and I discovered my car keys were NOT in my pocket as they had been when we started the hike. Oh, dear...my little hikers were not happy with me! I thought that they were probably not too far back, and that I had lost them when I took off my hoodie. Turns out I was right...and we only had to go about 1/4 mile back. So so so grateful we found them. I don't have any clue what we would have done if we hadn't found them. It would have been ugly.
No comments:
Post a Comment