So begins our summer....
Mobot
Water Play (love these water guns!!)
Learning about jumpstarting a car. Nate's truck died on the last day of school, so we had to go up to meet him to jump it. We got it to a garage and they fixed it and did the safety inspection on it (it needs stickers in June)...looks like it passed and it didn't cost a ton to fix its problem. So we're hanging on to our 12 year old truck...hold on, little truck!!!
Z baseball game
Trip to KV
Dentist appointments (only one cavity this time, and a recommendation for an initial consult with an orthodontist...sigh...)
2 wheeler!!
Love County Park to play and picnic. We went with friends my Erin and Meg and our total combined 13 kids. Love to go places with them. Love to have friends who can control their chaos like I do. In fact, it's not even chaos to us...just life...and it is so fabulous to have friends who have that life like I do!
Second prize from the library summer reading program--huge beachballs. They have been a hit in the yard and on the street. We are already down to 2 from 4.
First trip to the rec center pool of the season. It was cold and I told the kids that I had no intention at all of getting in to the pool. They played SO well together and hung out in the play part of the pool. Love watching those boys just play around together! Thankfully I really didn't have to get in. I kept a close eye on them, and had to remind them of where the water got a bit too deep for N, and how to avoid that, but that was to be expected for the first time at the pool for the summer.
Z baseball game. He had 3 decent hits this game, 1 was a double. It seems like he might be getting it...maybe. He certainly doesn't love it, but that is ok. He got a snowcone after the game, so that made it better. The littles played on the playground for most of the game, but I was able to sneak away to watch (another reason it is so nice that they are getting older...I can sneak a bit away to watch the game and trust that they are most likely ok).
Target shopping with birthday money. Aunt Jenny sent the boys each $10 for their birthdays (maybe a little late, but it was even more of a special treat to be late!). We headed off to Target to buy some Lego sets (what, are you surprised?!). They spent the afternoon putting them all together with the help of Nate.
Cupcakes to Aunt Emily to celebrate her birthday.
Playing in the rain!
Kirkwood Park with Papa Dan.
Meet the Machines
No comments:
Post a Comment