Monday, June 3, 2013

Castlewood State Park

Sunday afternoon was cool (actually it has been cool all summer and is looking like it will continue, at least in the nest few weeks!).  I suggested we go on a hike, which was met with groans and whines, like I was possibly the worst mom in the world.  We went to Castlewood (and brought S along with us) and set off on a 1.5 mile hike...which they all loved.  Sigh.  I just have to learn to push through all of the obnoxious whines and complaints and know that I'm choosing good activities for our family to do.  I am hoping to do some more hiking this summer and as the boys get older, but I really wanted to give it a few trial runs before we head to the Smokies for vacation this summer! 

 This picture was taken immediately before S and L flipped back off the side of the log.  Scared the tar out of me.  Both were fine, L crying from fear.  And about when this was taken, when they all decided to STAND on the log, my mom brain started thinking, hm....that is probably a BAD idea...and yet I let them continue. 
 This picture has the walking in birth order.  Pretty typical.  :)
 Z had fallen back to talk with us and was scurrying to get in the correct place again ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment