Tuesday, April 9, 2013

daffodils

I've always loved daffodils.  Probably for several reasons...because they are the first flowers to really come up in spring...because there were tons in our yard and our neighbors yard...because we always had vases of them around the house...because they remind me of mom. 
So when they come up every spring my heart is just happy.  We always make a trip over to Crossbrook to visit my old hood and catch up with the neighbors and cut as many daffodils as I feel comfortable taking :)  I love watching the boys run around there, but it makes me sad that they don't really get to play there and know Grandma Lora. 




When I got an email from Shaw Nature Reserve telling me they had tons of daffodils in full bloom, I knew we had to head out.  The littles and I spent a morning there wandering through daffodils (doesn't it sound nice when I put it that way?  What I should really say is whining through prickly grass and mud, falling, crying when brothers got too far ahead, etc etc!)  But I chose to see the pretty not the whiny.  Then they played at the children's area for a long time while I just kind of sat and enjoyed being outside.  I did take a lot of pictures...


 Can you guess which one was crabby about the walk....? (Although no one looks particularly happy here...)






















No comments:

Post a Comment