Monday, March 25, 2013

SNOW!

We finally got a good snowstorm with significant accumulation...the first time in at least 2 years.  Unfortunately it came on March 24.  Really?!  We got about 7 inches here, but other places in the area got over 12.  (And it was almost entirely gone 2 days later!)
 Just for good measure, this was last year on March 24...shorts and t shirts.   

The good part was that we got enough that we got a snow day...1 extra day added on to spring break!  It was nice for us to have an extra day to catch up since Nate had been in Mexico the week before.  We enjoyed some nice slow time as a family. 
We enjoyed some time outside on both Sunday and Monday.  It was nice because it was right at freezing when it snowed, and the next day was warmer, so it wasn't terrible to be outside.  We built a snowman (though not impressive at all), had a snowball fight (which was actually a lot of fun with Z, especially since the snow packed so well), ate snow, made snow angels.  They also got to go sledding, I am embarrassed to admit, for the first time (and a bit sad when I think of mom's old hill...that hill was AWESOME for sledding).  We don't have an easily accessible hill, and the boys have been little, and I have never been up for driving someplace different to sled for 10 minutes and then have wet cold crying kids not at home.  Selfish, yes.  This time we finally did, though!  We borrowed some sleds (see, I don't even have sleds, what kind of mom am I?!) then were able to sled in our neighbors backyard.  The kids loved it, and NEXT year (when it probably won't snow) I will be willing to take them someplace fun to get some real sledding in!










Notice how there are no pictures of L?  He did actually spend a little time outside, I just didn't get pictures of him.  But really, it was just a LITTLE bit of time.  He was done pretty quickly!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment