Friday night I sat down with Nate to outline what would make my birthday good. Even after nearly 13 years I still have a hard time remembering that I need to make my expectations known...it really makes life better for everyone!
Here's what I told him:
I wanted him to do EVERYTHING with food. Prep, serve, clean up, decision making on what to eat, etc. Talk about my least favorite job...and I have to do it at least 3 times a day. Ugh.
I wanted to sleep in.
I wanted to take a long run and not at the crack of dawn.
I wanted to dye Easter eggs.
I wanted hamburgers and sweet potato fries for dinner.
I wanted to make the most delicious strawberry shortcake cake for myself for my cake.
I wanted to have a pedicure as a gift.
I wanted to watch a movie with him at night.
I made it pretty easy for him, right?
And he totally made it happen!
We had donuts for breakfast, then I went for a long run while he took the kids to the rec center then shopping for my present. He brought home Bread Co for lunch and Les Miserables as a gift for me (and to watch that night). I made my yummy cake, and Emily came over and decorated eggs with us (so I got to chat with her too!). He grilled hamburgers and made sweet potato fries and cleaned everything up.
We started to watch a show (not a movie, but I was ok with that) and then C started puking all over in bed. Well, that was the end of that. And it was a MESS. Puke was all over, down the side of the bed, even landing on L's pillow. Eeek. And he was in a dead sleep for the entire thing. When I finally got him out of bed and into the bathroom (while Nate cleaned up the bedding) he told me he had to go potty and holy toledo! No one else got it...I think he actually had food poisoning from the Krispy Kreme donuts. He was the only one to have a certain kind of donut, and it was exactly 12 hours later, and it was SO explosive and a one time shot. So random.
Oh well. Still a great birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment