Wednesday, November 21, 2012

KVille

A few weekends ago I was blessed to have a girls weekend (praise God for girlfriends, shopping, and food!).  Nate is very capable of taking care of the boys without me, and they had a blast (they went to a movie and Red Robin, among other fun things). 
 
I gave Nate a weekend off, too, and I took the boys up to Kirksville to see family.
 
We got in around 7 on Friday and ate dinner at McDonalds.  Cousin P came over to spend the night around 8.  It was an ugly night...littles not in bed til 8:30, not asleep until after 9.  Big boys not in bed until 9.  L kept talking until 9:45 when he fell asleep, but he kept the bigs awake til after 10.  Eeek.  Then, to top it off, the littles were awake and talking at 6:02.  I ran in to get them and pulled them to my room, where they did NOT fall asleep again, but at least P did.  Z didn't. 
 
I was worried it would be a rough day but it was awesome!  I slept in (after the initial craziness) then went on a run while the boys played with grandparents.  Then Mat and Marbree came over, we ate dinner, and the grandparents took the boys to a movie while the three of us chatted.  We met them at the pool to swim, then brought pizza home.  The boys ate at home while Mat, Marbree and I ate out.  The boys were thrilled and so was I! 
 
After church on Sunday (and a complete meltdown by Z about going to their church/Sunday school and not knowing anyone and being scared...sigh...) we came home and had a yummy lunch, then played with Legos until it was time for us to head out.  We got home in time for dinner and a short time with Daddy, then we packed them off to bed. 
 
We are so grateful for grandparents! 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment