Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Reading
Z brought home this picture that he drew in school a few weeks ago. I immediately loved it because it is the most accurate self portrait he has drawn so far. He is up in his bunk bed with his light on, one knee up, reading books.
And wow, does Z love to read. He has taken off and it makes my heart so so happy. He was kind of done with me reading out loud to him earlier in the year, so we had to take some time off from chapter books. I managed to reel him back in a few months ago when I tried The Chronicles of Narnia. We got through several of those, then I got some other random ones and he is back on board again. I have to remind him often that he might not love it after the first page or even first chapter, but to hang on because it will get better once he's into it. And he has gotten patient.
He loves to read on his own as well. He has been totally hung up on Baby Blues for several months, but I have been giving him Nate the Great and Mr. Putter books as well, which he can read easily on his own. He loves Ninjago and Scooby Doo books, too. Those are fine, but I have been anxious for him to start reading more chapter books on his own. I finally found him Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and he exploded! He couldn't put it down, and he followed up with SuperFudge.
I started requesting a few more books from the library for us to read (and they brought back such childhood memories...the classic books that I loved!). We have quite a stock now, so we should be set for awhile. In the meantime, he loves to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment