Our good friends (with Z's "best friends" J and T) came into town over Labor Day weekend. I cannot explain how excited Z was to spend time with them. I was pretty excited too, but nothing compares to childhood excitement.
We spent pretty much the entire weekend with them. We met them at the Magic House on Saturday morning and played until lunchtime. Around dinner time their whole family came over to eat with ours (and in the meantime Z just whined and wanted to know when they were coming over...I had to remind them they had lots of friends to see!).
Saturday night Rachelle and I joined a few other friends and sat around and chatted...so good to catch up!
Sunday Rachelle and Erin came over with all their kids and we let the kids all run amuck here (to give Erin's house a break).
Sunday night J and T spent the night here. We let all the boys watch a Ninjago (they all love Ninjago and it is awesome!), then put the littles to bed and let the big boys watch one more. The bigs slept in sleeping bags in the playroom and did great!
Monday morning we went to the zoo, then Z went with them to Swing Around Fun Town and I picked him up about dinner time.
He was so sad about his friends leaving, it kind of broke my heart a little. We had a good conversation about what a blessing good friends are, though, and how important it is to be a good friend.
Amazingly, I took not a single picture. I think it was honestly just too nuts and too loud and there were too many kids moving too fast for a picture. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment