Sunday, September 16, 2012

Boy Scouts

Z decided he wanted to do Boy Scouts. 
 
Oh, follow up on TaeKwonDo...after trying out two places, Nate and I ruled out one for a myriad of reasons, and told him he could try the other one for a month if he wanted to.  The place we told him he could go was much more traditional (I loved it!) but it was, in his words, "harder".  (They did about 10 minutes of situps, pushups, jumping jacks, warmup stuff).  So when I offered it to him, he just said, "Ok, I don't want to do it."  That easy. 
 
So we will sign him up for basketball, and I signed him up for Read, Right, and Run (which includes running 25 miles over the course of the next 6 months, then a 1 mile race at the end).  He has run a few times with me now (1 mile each time) and he has done ok.  When I asked him if he wanted to sign up, he wasn concerned that he would be embarrassed.  About the reading?  No, I love reading.  About the "right" stuff?  No, I like to do stuff to help people.  About running?  Well, just at the end.  I don't want everyone looking at me and cheering.  LOVE that kid! 
 
Oh, and we signed him up for Boy Scouts.  What a tangent.  They apparently convinced him by telling him that he would get to do archery and shoot bb guns.  Boys. 
 
He had a campfire that we all went to a few weekends ago where he got his scarf and slide (huh?  what world am I in?!).  He has a few buddies in his den, so I think he will enjoy it.  First den meeting is tomorrow night...I guess we'll see how it works out then.  In the meantime, I think he's pretty cute. 
 
 
If only I knew how to fix pictures.  I'm sure that there is some way to make his face not so washed out in these last 2 pictures.  Oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment