Monday, August 20, 2012

Babies no more

A few nights ago I saw a picture of a set of triplet boys that were about 2 months old, all lying together on the floor in diapers with their bellies hanging out.  It was late at night and it sent me into tears...my babies are going to be going to preschool starting tomorrow.

Not much else to say about it...but I can't believe that my babies are old enough to do this.  I'm not really sure what I will be doing with my time.  I realize that it is only going to be about 2 hours only 2 days a week and that the time will fly.  On the other hand, it is the first time in 6.5 years that I have regularly been without ANY children.  Even when I don't have my kids with me, I'm thinking about paying the babysitter, rushing to get back because someone else is having to deal with my kids, etc.  I have never had totally guilt free time alone, and now I will.  I'm not sure how to deal with it. 

It kind of scares me because I know that this is just the beginning of a new phase for us.  I have been in the baby/stay at home mom phase for 6+ years and I LOVE it.  It is what I have always wanted to do...be at home and love on my kids.  And now that they are off, Z all day and the littles just starting out...it will be a definite change in our world.  And I don't know what that means for me.  I kind of want to stay in this stage forever.  I know that there are good parts of the boys getting older, of course...but I am so (for the most part) happy and loving where we are, I'm just not ready to move on. 

Of course it will be fine and I will adjust, it will just take time. 

Here are some of my favorites from the happy happy baby time (although at the time I know it was hard, too...in fact I'm sure it kicked my butt and I just don't remember all of it...)
 
2 months old
 3 months old
 5 months old



1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much they each look like themselves in most of those baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete