We signed up for the summer reading program. All the boys love it! The first day Z came home and set the timer for 20 minutes 3 times in a row so he could start filling in his circles to get his prize. He has been getting such a wide variety of books...he has loved Ninjago books (don't ask if you don't have boys), has gotten Sonic comic books, along with lots of early chapter books to read. It is so fun watching him read. He also still loves Baby Blues (the comic book) which I think is so random.
I still don't believe him when he says he reads certain books in a short amount of time. So I'll quiz him on the book, and typically he knows the answers. Pretty impressed with him. He is kind of anti- listening to me read chapter books right now...but I still make him. I have been trying to find a few good ones, but it is hard to know what he will like. He loved the Magic Treehouse for awhile when he was younger, then liked the Boxcar Kids for awhile. He loved Ralph S Mouse and those books, so I finally got a Henry Huggins book, and he has been ok with it. I will just keep on reading to him...I love it.
The littles still love to read, too. We have been going to the library every Monday for the past year, so the kids are very used to it. We end up checking out an obscene number of books, but we manage to get through them all with several readings each! I typically let them each pick 2 books before quiet time, and 1 or 2 books before bedtime. I enjoy reading to them, so I don't mind (most of the time). Some of those books get banished after the first read, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment