Friday, June 15, 2012

Magic House

We hadn't been to the Magic House in a long time, so the kids were excited to go this week.  And it actually turned out great!  It was a beautiful day and I was kind of bummed to spend it inside, since it got hot later in the week.  However, we ended up spending our entire time at the Magic House OUTSIDE.  We started in the front garden, moved to the construction area, then played in the back sandbox.  It made it so much different that our normal, typical trips (that can get kind of boring for me and Nate!). 

We have never spent much time out front in the garden, and I didn't even know that this little river thing was there.  The kids loved it.  I was not thrilled with them getting in and SO wet.  Thankfully I had two extra pairs of shorts in the car so we were able to change N and C's shorts (L didn't get too wet).  And we went all the way and took our kids shirts off.  I know, I know.  I was kind of horrified to do that at the Magic House, but they were getting so wet and I had no other shirts.  Sigh.  We were about the only people out there that early, so that was good.  :)  But they LOVED playing out there! 








After they got changed they played with this big set of blocks.  Nate helped them make some good runs for the balls. 



The construction zone is always a hit with the boys. 






When we walked inside, we were run over by field trips (there is nothing I hate more than field trips, especially camp field trips.  10 kids to 1 high school or college counselor?  Nightmare.)  We started to head out, but then decided to check out the back sand castle.  It is only open for a few months of the year, and it was a beautiful day so we grabbed a few recliners and let the boys dig.  Thankfully the camps didn't come outside. 


We had a great day doing all "new" stuff at the Magic House! 

No comments:

Post a Comment