We almost missed strawberry picking this year. I didn't realize it, but since it was such a mild winter the strawberries were ready early. Eckert's was already done for the year. We had a friend who went to this place though, so we packed up early on Friday morning and went. Our neighbor, S, went with us, and she was quite fun to have along.
The boys did a good job this year. L was still content to mostly eat them, but C really got the hang of looking for the berries. Once I explained to Z and S that it was like a treasure hunt and they had to really look through the leaves to find the berries, they took off picking as well.
I loved this place as well because they had raspberries! YUMMMM!! I am pretty sure that I (just me) ate more than we bought. I popped them like candy, they were so delicious. The boys loved eating them as well. They were a bit harder to reach since the bushes are taller, but they did good. Again, C did a great job and really got into it. They were all getting a bit hot and tired by the time we were finished, but so was I.
No comments:
Post a Comment