Thursday, April 26, 2012

Zoo

We reached a few new firsts at the zoo.  Number one, we didn't take a wagon.  Or stroller.  Or anything with wheels.  And they did so well!  I was incredibly proud of them.  I wasn't too worried about C or N, but L can be so pokey that I am always concerned...especially at the end.  But no one melted down until we were in the parking lot and L dropped his apple on the concrete and I wouldn't give it back to him (mean mom!).  He fell apart, but we were close enough to the van that it didn't matter. 
Another new first...mom coming to the rescue for a random mishap.  In this case, Z's shoe.  We have had more issues with one of his shoes!  It keeps breaking (and it shouldn't).  So as we're walking in the strap breaks (again).  I ask at the desk for a safety pin, but they don't have one.  Randomly and thankfully at guest relations they are selling pins for $1.  So I buy one up and pin his shoe together.  Sweet boy was concerned for a bit...um, do you think anyone else but you will notice this?  I don't think anyone did. 
We had a good time...rode the train, the carousel, saw some animals.  I kind of don't want to renew my membership, because I feel like we don't see as many animals because we're so hung up on the other stuff.  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment