Z has pm kindergarten this year. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE it? I was not at all thrilled about it when we found out....in fact I was kind of bummed. I was used to having him gone 2 mornings a week, and I was kind of intimidated by the thought of having all 4 boys every morning (except Wednesday when we go to Bible study).
But it has been FABULOUS. The fact that we don't have to get up and rush out the door has been such a blessing. We only have to be someplace on Wednesday and Sunday, and we don't have to leave until 840. This has meant that the kids (ahem, I) can sleep in, so most mornings we aren't really up and moving until after 715 or so.
We get to go all sorts of places, all of us, which we wouldn't be able to do if Z was gone in the morning and home during naptime. And the boys are old enough to DO fun stuff and it's not a huge hassle to go everyplace.
My naptime is (used to be) completely quiet for me. After we get Z on the bus, read books, and the littles get in bed, I (used to) have 2-3 hours of time. And some days Nate gets home on the early side, so he and I can actually have an adult conversation during daylight hours with no interruptions.
We have time to play with friends in the morning, or go out ourselves and run errands. The boys all play pretty well together, so some mornings we just hang out and play, and everyone is happy.
I kind of keep thinking that this is the best it will get. I get all my boys home with me, no real schedule, they play happily, I get some time to myself in the afternoon, the boys are at great ages...
And soon, they will all be gone at school. I will have to go back to work. We will have to rush out the door and rush to do homework and rush to get to activities. I won't have nearly as much time to myself, and soon I'll have three 3 year olds (in my experience, a HARD age).
So I'm trying to enjoy this year. The slowness, the flexibility, the time to myself (not that I don't have 8 million things to do, but it is easier when it is daytime and quiet).
No comments:
Post a Comment