Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Outside fun

It has been an amazing month, temperature wise.  I have been able to run outside (so over 45-50) 4 or 5 times this month.  With 4 boys, it is such a treat to be able to go outside. 

I actually decided that we would spend 20-30 minutes outside every day before Z gets on the bus, assuming the weather would cooperate.  I think so far this year I can count on one hand the number of times we've had to stay in because of cold, snow, or rain.  I love them being outside for at least that long every day, and the bus stop gives us a perfect reason.  Most days we get done with lunch around noon, then Z catches the bus around 1230.  They don't all always love it...N is like his mama...he does NOT like cold.  But everyone sucks it up and does it. 

At any rate, we went to the zoo last weekend for a penguin parade.  They take the penguins on a short stroll thru the zoo.  This was the first time that I have voluntarily decided to let the boys skip their naps (they're not napping, anyway).  One of the penguins was standing within hands reach of us!  The boys loved it, and we got to ride the carousel and the train, and we got to do the crafts affiliated with the penguin parade.  Other animals...well, we did the Rivers Edge and saw a few other animals.  They like the rides, though, and I'm still using up our membership!  I personally loved when Z pulled the wagon.  :)  They are all getting too big to be in there together happily, but it works.  And I didn't have to take a bag of any sort, since there is a small box in the wagon, I threw in a change of clothes and a water bottle, and we were off.  Amazing! 



We also made it to MoBot this past week.  We went with our good friends (Erin and her kiddos) and enjoyed just walking.  I didn't take the wagon (but Erin had her double and only one kid strapped in, so mine and hers all took turns jumping in the extra spot).  They did great walking (and riding a bit).  I actually love MoBot in the winter because it is empty and the kids can literally run wherever and I'm not worried about them.  With our brood of 8 kids, we get quite the slew of comments, even when a place is empty.  YES, WE HAVE OUR HANDS FULL.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment