Sunday, January 29, 2012

Perspective

Do you ever have those weeks...the ones where you go, really?  I'm complaining about my kids not napping?  My laundry piling up?  Me not getting enough sleep?  THAT is the worst that is going on in my world?  The weeks where everyone else's worlds hit the fan and give you a chance to reflect and be grateful for your own life? 

Here is what has happened to friends of mine this past week...

A dear friend of mine delivererd her second baby, a boy, and her life was in serious jeopardy due to complications during delivery.  Her sweet baby, while (probably) out of the woods as far as survival goes, the damage done to his brain due to lack of oxygen for over 10 minutes is still to be seen.  You can read more at the blog they just set up here.  And pray for them. 

Another triplet mama delivered her babies at 26 weeks.  2 of her boys have grade 4 (the most serious) brain bleeds, due to prematurity.  Again, the damage that has been done is yet to be seen.  Pray for them.  

A friend of many friends (who I don't know personally) underwent surgery at 18 weeks with her twins who developed TTTS.  The surgery went smoothly, and girls and mom are ok.  You can read about it here. 

A final friend of mine underwent her 5th (6th?) IVF treatment this past week.  Pray for her. 

I am emotionally drained, and this drama isn't even mine.  It has reminded me how much I take completely for granted.  Childbirth is NOT an easy thing.  I was/am incredibly blessed by the health of my preemies.  I have 4 healthy children, and very little to worry about. 

It has been a week that has had me constantly in prayer...thanksgiving for my world, my children, our health...and had me pleading with God for healing and protection and peace for friends.  But I trust God, I know He is good, loving, and so worthy of praise.  I know He answers prayer...   

1 comment: