Monday, November 7, 2011

TOOTH!!!

Z lost his first tooth!! :)  So fun!  It was his bottom left tooth (I'm pretty sure that was his first tooth he got).  It has been loose for awhile, but today it finally came out.  It was just about out today, and I suggested he ask Nate to pull it out.  He said no and continued to wiggle it more and more.  Finally he came in and asked Nate to pull it, but Nate was gone at that point.  When Nate got back Z wasn't ready again.  Sigh.  Z continued to wiggle it, then came bounding back in again, ready for Nate to pull it.  Nate couldn't get a hold of it, so jokingly asked for some needlenose pliers (!) but I gave him some kleenex and he popped that baby right out.  Z was pretty excited about it. 
On the tooth fairy...since we don't even do any of those things (santa, Easter bunny, etc) he knew that it wasn't real.  I asked him where the other kids got the money from if it wasn't the tooth fairy, and he suggested the bank :)  Later on, though, as I tucked him in, and asked him again, he said, well....you?  I just kind of smiled at him. 
He will get $1 (that is a steep increase from when I was a kid, but I'm not giving him $5 like I've heard other kids get!). 





This morning I woke up to him crying...."Mom!!!! Mommmmm!!!!!!  I want my tooth back, not just the money!"  Since he knows who the tooth fairy is, he was content to know that I have it in a special place and he can see it whenever he wants...but he forgot about it by the time he got out of bed. ;) (He also was bummed he "just" got $1, but I informed him that he could just give it back if it wasn't enough...he kept it.)

2 comments:

  1. I love his facial expressions! And his hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he looks kind of like mom in the first one. His eyes?....

    ReplyDelete