I haven't talked much about sleep recently...I don't think at all since the failed toddler bed transition and highly successful peapod solution.
I haven't mentioned it because it is such a NON issue. Those peapods literally saved my sanity. The boys love them! They often play in them during the day, with one or more in each tent. They are fabulous at naptime, bedtime, and in the morning, because they can all see each other and talk to each other, but no one can actually bother anyone else. The kids fall asleep on their own time (since they can sleep through about anything) and wake up when they are ready to as well.
At times, it is hilarious, because they will literally spend hours talking to each other in their beds. We had a small group over here last week and the boys were put in bed at 720 (a bit early) but they were up and talking until at least 9. They giggle, make noises, have conversations...I have no clue what else they do. I heard C saying the other night, "L, N, my turn! My turn! I do it now!" Um....ok? I have no clue what they were talking about, if they were actually taking turns, or what they were taking turns doing...funny stuff.
Sometimes at naptime they don't fall asleep for over an hour (and this is sometime all of them, sometimes only one or two...I can't always tell). But they have such a good time! And they (to date) have always eventually fallen asleep. I still am prepared for them to stop napping in the next few months, and I am sure when we actually transition them out of the peapods they will stop napping entirely.
In the morning it is wonderful, because they wake up when they are ready, and they are happy lying in their beds just chatting. They sometimes (ok, most days) wake up much earlier than I ever get them up!
Z has been sleeping well too...this morning I had to wake him up at 745. A year ago we got him a bed lamp, so we put him to bed about 815, and then he will lie in there looking at books or catalogs, sometimes as late as 9.
We are in a VERY good place sleepwise (hope I didn't just jinx us!). Assuming the boys don't demolish the peapods before next summer (which is a big assumption), then we will put them in bunkbeds then. We are seriously contemplating putting Z in the same bedroom with them, as well. Not that we need the space, but it would be nice to have a sleep room and a play/craft room upstairs. Since all of the boys sleep through anything, I think it would work. We will just need to work on them staying IN their OWN beds...but that is a project for next summer!
Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do! So fabulous that you are in a good spot with sleep! I hope to be able to say the same someday...;)
ReplyDeleteThanks again for holding the babe this morning!