Z had no school last Friday so we met a pal of his from class to go to the zoo. I took just the green wagon and the boys did great...in fact they walked most of the time. I think I will continue to take it, though, and not just for emergencies! The boys can all stand on the side of it (when it is up against a fence) and can gain 2 feet in height, so they can see the animals. And believe me, that is good. It is no fun trying to heft 3 kids up over and over..."My turn! Me! I see! MOMMM! My turn! Me!" :)
We got there early enough to go to the Children's Zoo for free, which the boys like. I'm not always impressed with it, but for free, and not even using my passes from my membership.
We also walked through the River's Edge, which we haven't done in awhile. I am generally annoyed by it because it is such a crapshoot...I feel like over half the time when we go through there are no animals out, and it is such a long walk I feel like we wasted our time. This day, though, was awesome!! We saw the rhino, and the hippos were swimming a bit. But the best were the elephants. At the first opening was the daddy, and he might has well have been performing for us. He was super close, filling his trunk up with water and then spraying it into his mouth, wrapping his trunk around his tusks, stomping his feet...so cool! At the next opening we saw all the mama elephants and a baby that was born in June and she was so cute! (These elephants made an impression on me, I normally couldn't care less about the animals.)
(See, here all the little boys are standing on the edge of the wagon so they can see. Fabulous! Taller than Z (on the left, and his pal on the right).
We rode the train, which is nice for a break for everyone!
It was a gorgeous morning, and we had a great time. It was nice to get to hang out with a friend of Z's from school and his mom and little sis!
No comments:
Post a Comment