Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bird Sanctuary

I might have mentioned this before, but it is getting so much more fun to do stuff with "just" my family.  When I just had Z, I was more apt to call a friend to go with us somewhere because both of us could kind of get bored of each other.  Now that the boys are older, I don't feel the need to call a friend (I do, often, but not like I did before).  I like that my family is "enough" for me and for each other...I suppose that is one of the blessings of a large family.  They keep me entertained...and it is not just because I am having to keep my eyes on four kids so don't have time to enjoy friends/their kids (although that is the case too!).  My kids just play with each other and with me and they can talk to me and keep my social side filled up (in a way, anyway!).  Our kids truly are a blessing! 

Anyway, this Monday was gorgeous...it has been a beautiful fall, and I keep thinking it it going to get cold on us, so I am cramming a lot in!  We went to another favorite place, the World Bird Sanctuary.  The boys found another turtle and checked out the birds.  It was a slow morning there, so when we went to the visitors center WE were the attraction, and the workers were happy to show stuff to us.  They showed us how all the birds could talk, let us pet all the bunnies, fed a lizard and let us watch, showed us special cages for the birds...pretty cool.   


This was (I think) the first time I have seen the three littles hold hands for any length of time.  Often L and N will hold hands, but C is not normally into it.  Here is a cute series of pics though...love these boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment