Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Zoo

I took the boys to the zoo a few weeks ago.  It turned out to be kind of cool and misty, but we still had fun.  I debated not even bringing my wagon, but figured it was better to be safe than sorry!   
We got in early enough to see the sharks and stingrays for free (and free is always good in my book). The boys were ok with them...not in love with them, but they all were anxious to try and pet them.


After that, I got daring.  I decided to leave my wagon at one of the train stations, ride halfway around, walk around there, then jump back on when we were done in that section.  We all crammed into a row (love my boys!) and took off to see the birds.  The nicest conductor (engineer?) took our picture...here I am saying "All ABOARDDDD!".  Speaking of, my boys LOVE to say that.  I wake up some mornings and hear one or three of them just repeating it, "Aw boarddddd!  Aw boarddddddddd!!!!!  CHOOO CHOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
 

The boys are on a bird kick, thanks to the movie Rio.  There is an actual aviary at the zoo, and I am pretty sure I had NEVER been there until today.  Lucky for us, we found the blue macaws (actually, they were hyacinth macaws, but whatever).  It was actually pretty neat in there...lots of fun birds. 

This is pretty much how I saw the boys all morning.  If not like this, I was holding all 3 little boys hands trying not to trip over them.  They did a wonderful job staying together and walking a LONG way around the zoo without our wagon.  We saw all the birds and bird houses, the big cats, and the zebras and giraffes. 


Look at these cute 3 boys, waiting for the train to come back as they ate their fruit snacks.  So cute. 

On the train back to our wagon I heard some moms talking about a big storm coming down 44, so we got out pretty quick (had to get home for the bus anyway). So much fo the 10% chance of rain. 

Good times with my boys.  I love that my family is big enough that we can do things like this and not have my kids bored and wanting friends.  Don't know if that makes sense...just that we are a family.  And that is enough. 

1 comment:

  1. BACK THE CABOOSE UP...THE SHARKS AND STINGRAYS ARE FREE!?!?? First hour? Along with the children's zoo, free parking, and carousel?

    ReplyDelete