Nate got some free tickets to the Cards game last week. We only had 4 tickets, but it was perfect. Nate and I trapped the kids in, Z had a seat, one kid had a seat, and we each took another kid on our lap.
The last time we went was almost exactly 3 years ago...Z was the same age as the boys, and I was pregnant with them. Crazy.
The boys were thrilled to go to a "ball game" and were happy to cheer on the Cardinals. We got there early enough to have some time to wander around, and we took the boys as close as we could to the field.
From there we headed to the kids area, where they bounced around. We made our first of 3 (or 4?) trips to the bathroom. And of course we got food. (Man, I love food.) We got nachos and peanuts. The little boys loooooved the nachos!
The National Anthem came on while we were still eating, but the boys climbed on a stoop and we convinced them to put their hands over their hearts...they mostly hit their bellies, but they tried.
We found our seats and Z dove right into the peanuts. I think it is kind of nuts (haha, re-read that later) that our family ate an entire bag of peanuts. But all the boys loved them...and to me, they are the best part of a game!
N loved the peanuts and wanted to show them to the camera :)
L trying his hand at cracking a peanut. He never got it. N didn't either...he just took a bite off the end, shell and all!
When I asked L and Nate to look at me, L gave me a thumbs up, which I thought was hilarious. So I made N do it with me, too :)
After a bit I took the boys and just walked around. They held my hand so well, and were so content to look around at everything. We stopped a few places for them to watch...places I might not have been daring enough to stop at by myself, but everyone happily moved over for 3 sweet little boys to watch their first Cardinals game!
We made it through the 4th inning (8:45!) before Z started saying he was bored (um, the food is gone, I'm bored too!). The boys did so well and we had a great time. Probably won't be back until we get free tickets again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment