Wow. I am so completely exhausted. I'm not sure if the potty training has worn me out, so I am notice their behavior more often, or if they just kicked their two year old behaviors into a higher gear.
Alone, the stuff they are pulling isn't a huge deal. Even if it was one of them, no biggie. And maybe if I wasn't repeating "Do you have to go potty?" and/or cleaning up pee all day long I wouldn't be so touchy. And maybe if there wasn't a 5 year old flying around being nuts as well, maybe then I wouldn't be so short with them.
A few examples: a bottle of garlic powder, full, opened and dumped out; a glass of milk, full, dumped on my floor (on purpose) less than 3 hours after I mopped; ink stamps in mouths; construction paper pulled out of the package and strewn across bedrooms; torn up library books; hitting each other on the head with toys; standing on a stool that is on the table; climbing on the back of the toilet to get to the chocolate chips (yes, chocolate chips in my bathroom); dumping every bin of toys out just to dump them; climbing on rocking chairs to reach a shelf that has puzzles. And on and on and on.
Did I mention the noise level? Screaming bloody murder. Crying. Yelling. Laughing. Playing. Fighting. My kids are LOUD.
Oh, and then I clean up pee. And try to coerce them to pee. And wonder why they're not peeing. And worry that they'll pee all over the floor. And then, clean up pee again. (L only peed on the pot a few times the past 24 hours, the rest of the time on the floor...turns out he was not wanting to sit to poop, and when he finally did (in his pants) after that he was fine to sit on the pot again. sigh.) Then, of course, there is the laundry.
And the thing is, they're doing GOOD. Really, C hasn't had an accident in days. L was having accidents because he didn't want to poop. And N is ok unless he gets distracted. Or scared. Today he was the one to dump the garlic powder, and when I walked in mad, he peed on the floor. Thankfully, not in the garlic powder.
Needless to say I have been VERY short and snapped at my kids a LOT the past few days. I have felt a bit like they are running me, not me them. Their behavior is prompting behavior in myself that I am not proud of, and does not make me a good mama. Thankfully Mike and Dorothy were in town Saturday, Nate was home Sunday, and I had plans with a friend this morning...in fact plans all week. Keeping busy is good for everyone.
I love love love my kids...but man, they make me tired. I am hit again with the fact that I have triplets...it is hard no matter how many kids you have, and no matter their ages...but still, at times, triplets are just enough to put you over the edge!
And it's Monday. Off to fold all the laundry and watch a chick flick ....if only I had some ice cream...or brownies......
Just wanted to remind you what an AMAZING mom you are:) You're pretty much the bomb!!!
ReplyDeleteYup! Amazing mom! I can tell! And I can imagine the messes and all those things going on, taking one of my boys and multiplying by three! :)
ReplyDelete