So this last post I thought we were past the ugliness....WRONG.
Last night it was 9:55 when N and C were finally asleep. L fell asleep "early" at 9:30.
Over the course of the evening here are a few of the funny things that happened. I can say funny because I know it is hilarious, but it is NOT funny to me now...
7:35 I put them to bed. The door is shut.
8:05 I finally walk back to get them to settle down. I open the door, thinking maybe they will feel like I can see them, so that they will stay in bed.
8:15 I put Z in bed. I say prayers with him. I hear the little boys get out of bed, and peek over my shoulder to see them all standing with their feet on the threshold to their bedroom, watching us. When they see me see them, they all scamper back to bed. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It was actually pretty funny, since it was still early in the evening.
8:20 Z: MOMMMMMMM!!!!!! One of the boys is out of bed!!!!! MOMMMMMMM!!!! Me: Z, I know, I don't need your help, but thanks. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
8:20-9:00 I have been alternating between an open door and a closed locked door. Unfortunately the locks don't hold, and I didn't think to get a safety doorknob. I have also been alternating between having the hall light on and off. I have been back more times that I can count. I have spanked, said no, yelled. I have pulled kids out of the wrong bed and put them in the right bed a gazillion times. I have stood in their room, outside their room, gone back and sat back down.
9:00 I go back to find L has used the toybox to stand up on the changing table (in the pitch black room) to play with the windchimes.
9:10 I hear feet down the hall (getting more daring) and find all 3 boys sitting on the toybox that I moved. It is in front of my bedoom door. When they see me, they grin and scurry back to their room.
9:20 I hear feet again, and they have all 3 ventured all the way down the hallway, and they are standing to the entrance to the hallway. They see me and scurry, giggling, down the hall.
9:30 L decides he is done. He crawls into bed and settles down.
9:45 C and N are still being bold and walking down the hall.
9:50 I go back and bawl them out. Totally frustrated. I decide to stand just out of their view, and I can hear them getting out, so I bark "LIE DOWN" each time I hear them get out.
9:55 I walk away, and they are finally asleep.
They have been having a good time. They mostly laugh, and there is not much crying. They are not upset about the fact that the paci's are gone, but I do think (finally noticed last night) that N is needing me to go to sleep. He has been last to fall asleep each time, and until I noticed, I just went in and stood by him for a minute until he passed out.
The problem is that I don't want to HAVE to sit in their room for them to go to sleep. I don't know. I don't know if we're doing this right or wrong or what.
We are going to move them to beds this weekend. The cribs are getting ridiculous...they are standing on parts they shoudn't be, and N fell out once last night.
I know this is just part of life with kids...that we will get past this...but mercy, this is hard.
Dorothy is here this week (I had 2 mornings I needed someone to watch kids) and she has been an amazing blessing. This morning I was still so mad at my kids! So I took Z to school and ran some errands, and she kept the little boys. They would have been horrid with me, and vice versa, but with Grandma, well, they were about as good as they could be.
Here is a picture of how they have been spending a lot of their time...giggling, wrestling, laughing, squealing, all hanging out in L's bed.
I love these kids....
No comments:
Post a Comment