Monday, April 25, 2011

Spelling

Z calls me in to his room, shows me this, and says, Mom, is this how you spell bad?  (Ugh, I can't get it to turn....)

WOW!

I love that he used paper to spell it.  I told him it was right, and asked him how he knew to spell it.  He says, "Bad.  Buh.  Aaaa.  Duh.  B-A-D."  We have been working on this sporadically over the past several months, but he normally gets annoyed.  Like if he asks how to spell 'Car' I will ask him to sound it out, or I will say "Kuh.  Aaah.  Rrrrr." and he normally says, ok mom, I don't want to do that.  So for him to start this on his own is huge. 

Later on today he called me in again, and showed me HPE, and wanted to know if it spelled happy.  I told him very close, and said "Aaaa" and he goes, "Oh! I need an A here."  Pretty darn close. 

Followed by MAD.  He sounded it out again, and told me how to spell it. 

I realize this is all normal developmentally, but it is soooo fun to see it happening!  So proud of my big boy! 
  

1 comment: