Egg dying 2011: C-
I'm not sure why I thought dying eggs with 3 two year olds was a good idea, other than the fact that we would have pictures and memories (which are good...but sometimes I push things too far for "memories"). And doing it immediately after they woke up from naps...really, Katie?
More than one child did each of the following:
Drink the dye
Drop an egg
Throw an egg
Try and eat an egg
Dump a cup of dye
Try to pick up the (glass) of dye
Scream and cry bloody murder
Suck on the qtip dye thing
All of that would have given the effort an F, but it was saved by this comment: "Hey Mom, this was a good idea to dye eggs!" by Z. Yes, see, that is why mom makes us do this crazy stuff.
Oh my gosh Katie, that sounds exactly like what went on at our house! I don't know what possessed me to even attempt dyeing eggs with the three, but I did get a good picture of Max throwing a tantrum that I will be able to torture him with in the future! Sometimes it is really nice to hear stories from someone going through the same things as yourself!
ReplyDeleteMisti Hackmann
ha! hey last year when wren was 3, we used a wire whisk to dye the eggs instead of the little wire dippers -- just pop it in there! worked really well. i totally forgot this year! but wren was good with the dipper this year. aka the "egg elevator". :) got that term from his preschool!
ReplyDelete