Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sick

Since it hasn't been rough enough over here, we got sick. 
Z started with a cough on the day the boys didn't nap, and I blogged about it being rough.  A few days later, last Friday, C didn't eat lunch or dinner, and threw up at dinner, and I took his temp:  101. 
Saturday he was totally lethargic, and his breathing was super fast, so I took him to urgent care, where they said it was a virus (which I figured). 
Sunday and Monday C was completely out of commission, as in he wanted to be held all day long sleeping.  Luckily Nate was home on the weekend, and then he had a workshop on Monday so took a half day and came home to help. 
Monday afternoon Dorothy called and asked if she could come up to help.  I'm no fool, so I accepted her help, which turned out to be a good thing.
Monday N and L stopped eating, and they got fevers Tuesday.  Luckily they never get as sick as C.  Not sure why, but C always gets hit first and gets hit hardest.  Marbree wondered if it was because he was the only one to get surfactant (to help his lungs) when he was born?  Who knows. 
Anyway, Tuesday and Wednesday consisted of me and Dorothy holding kids ALL day.  It was exhausting.  No one would eat (but they were drinking and peeing), and they just wanted to be held.  To top it off, neither Nate nor I have been feeling great either.
Wednesday morning C's fever broke, but then went up again in the afternoon, so I finally called the doctor.  We were seen on Thursday morning, even by our doctor (not a nurse practicioner) which was nice.  C's fever had broken again, but the other boys were still fever-y....ugh.  So he ruled out strep and an ear infection, and said it was probably just a virus, most likely RSV.  I just felt better having them looked at since it had been so long. 
We got home and they were all fine.  They played happily for the rest of the day Thursday, and I finally got a break. 
We're now in the stage where they are not healthy, but not sick....so just crabby and whiny.  It's awesome. 
We did get a few pictures of the pathetic kiddos...



1 comment:

  1. We've had that bug, too... keep an eye out, so far everyone I know has had a second round a week or two after the first, as if the virus incubates a while. We just re-started the fever again today. :(

    ReplyDelete