There are a lot of restaurants that give freebies for birthdays. Many of them give the coupons to use for a week ahead and a week behind the actual day. This works out well for our boys, because there is a 5 day overlap. :)
I was kind of bummed about this year, because for some reason we didn't get everything we should have...I don't know if they don't believe I actually have triplets or what, but for a few companies I just got one coupon. Boo. We got one each from Culvers, First Watch, Sonic, and Baskin Robbin (and then one more for Z). Kind of bummed. Going to have to work on it for next year.
I did get 4 coupons for Red Robin, though. So each kid got a free kids meal, and they also (which we didn't know) got a free sundae and a song. That was fun...here we are in the corner round booth with our kids running around on the seats when they come up. They announce to the store: "Everyone, it is Z, C, L, and N's bday! Join us in celebrating!" and proceed to sing their song. Yeah, that is a lot of kids names in a row...felt kind of strange...but whatever. Didn't have my camera because I wasn't expecting all that. The kids got sundaes with balloons tied on their spoons, and they thought that was the best thing in the world. It was fun to celebrate that way, and I see us doing it again in the future.
That's a bummer you didn't get all the kids' treats every place! I bet if you talked to the store manager when you went in, showed the one coupon, and explained the situation, they would have given you all the freebies. It'd be worth a shot, anyway! Anyone can see you have triplets! =)
ReplyDelete